INTERIOR & RETAIL DESIGN
Interior designer ● Retail designer ● CAD designer ● Designer of exhibition spaces and/or related furnishings ● Designer of spaces dedicated to hospitality and/or related furnishings ● Interior decorator for design studios or businesses that deal with interior design and furniture production
This one-year course teaches students the skills and knowledge needed for succeeding in interior, retail, and exhibition design roles in today’s competitive industry.
Whether you want to become an Interior or a Retail Designer, improve your skills for an existing role, pursue a new career, decorate your own home, or launch a successful interior design company, this course will enable you to create, present and deliver your own design projects.
The course is taught by expert professionals from the industry who provide their experience and knowledge and who constantly update course content to ensure the latest skills and techniques are being learnt.
Practical workshops are a large part of the course, featuring authentic, industry-based projects and seminars, meetings, and field trips with professionals and businesses in the sector.
Request info now…
Turn your PASSION into a CAREER
The course curriculum covers a range of multidisciplinary knowledge and skills, ensuring both a thorough understanding of styles, trends, materials, and products and a working knowledge of manual and digital representation tools.
The course is divided into the following modules:
Interior Design: project and composition culture, contemporary living, light design, furniture design, material technology, 2D and 3D technical drawing, workshops.
CAD and Rendering Techniques: import/export of compositions, AutoCAD, photographic image creation, post-production, workshops.
Retail Design: project brief, strategies, concept identification and moodboard creation, retail design techniques and tools, costing, workshops.
Exhibit Design: temporary spaces, museum spaces, permanent space, brand analysis, briefing, spaces and routes, materials and constructions, workshops.
- Unrivalled Milan location: Our central location is right at the heart of Milan’s fashion district, right on the doorstep of some of the world’s biggest names and most exclusive brands.
- Pick up the latest insider tips: You’ll be taught by industry experts who all currently work within the sector for important brands or their own businesses.
- Gain experience: Workshops form a key part of our Intensive Courses and provide the opportunity to gain valuable experience to consolidate classroom learning.
- Internships: Our Placement Office works daily to create a wide range of internship opportunities for our best students at high-profile brands and businesses in the fashion and luxury sector.
- Made in Italy: Accademia del Lusso is an Italian school with a global outlook. All of our courses aim to convey the same qualities that make the Made in Italy brand such a worldwide benchmark for quality and innovation.
- Small class sizes: Our limited class size policy ensures for a richer learning experience and increased contact between teachers and students.
- Upper secondary school qualification
- Suitable knowledge of Italian: demonstrated by a formal certificate or Skype language interview
- Applicants with non-standard qualifications or who possess relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis
Accademia del Lusso maintains close contact with leading interior design brands and businesses. Our student Placement Office works to create new job and internship opportunities in the sector and also guides and orientates students in their search for placements relevant to their studies and career aims.
You’ll be supported in developing self-promotion skills and will gain access to the large network of contacts and opportunities available exclusively to students of Accademia del Lusso.