FASHION PRODUCT DESIGN
Collection Designer ● Fashion Consultant ● Fashion Designer ● Fashion Graphic Designer ● Patternmaker ● CAD Patternmaker ● Dressmaker/Tailor
Our Intensive Course in Fashion Product Design provides a dynamic and stimulating programme for those interested in designing and creating clothing and fashion collections.
The entire production chain of fashion products is covered, from concept to creation, and the curriculum combines theory and practice to ensure a comprehensive preparation, shaping a well-rounded figure who is easily placed into the world of work.
By the end of the course, students will have developed skills in sketching, designing a collection, dealing with the line and fit of garments, using software to develop patterns, choosing the most suitable fabrics and materials, and understanding assembly techniques.
The course is taught by expert professionals from the industry who provide their experience and knowledge and who constantly update course content to ensure the latest skills and techniques are being learnt.
Request info now…
Turn your PASSION into a CAREER
The course is structured into modules:
Fashion Design: sketching, technical drawing, stylisation, creating silhouettes, rendering, collection planning, fabric technology, colour.
Patternmaking: patternmaking methods and tools, basic blocks, paper patterns, prototypes, workshops.
Tailoring: Creating textile fashion products, garment assembly: traditional and on machinery, sewing canvas, size and line development.
Computer Graphics for Fashion: graphic processing, digital image manipulation, Photoshop, Illustrator, moodboards, basic tool management, image retouching, technical drawing, illustration.
CAD Patternmaking: Lectra Modaris 2D, digital transposition of paper patterns, placing, optimisation for production, size development.
- Unrivalled Milan location: Our central location is right at the heart of Milan’s fashion district, right on the doorstep of some of the world’s biggest names and most exclusive brands.
- Pick up the latest insider tips: You’ll be taught by industry experts who all currently work within the sector for important brands or their own businesses.
- Gain experience: Workshops form a key part of our Intensive Courses and provide the opportunity to gain valuable experience to consolidate classroom learning.
- Internships: Our Placement Office works daily to create a wide range of internship opportunities for our best students at high-profile brands and businesses in the fashion and luxury sector.
- Made in Italy: Accademia del Lusso is an Italian school with a global outlook. All of our courses aim to convey the same qualities that make the Made in Italy brand such a worldwide benchmark for quality and innovation.
- Small class sizes: Our limited class size policy ensures for a richer learning experience and increased contact between teachers and students.
- Upper secondary school qualification
- Suitable knowledge of English or Italian
- Applicants with non-standard qualifications or who possess relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis
Accademia del Lusso maintains close contact with leading fashion and luxury brands and businesses. Our student Placement Office works to create new job and internship opportunities in the sector and also guides and orientates students in their search for placements relevant to their studies and career aims.
You’ll be supported in developing self-promotion skills and will gain access to the large network of contacts and opportunities available exclusively to students of Accademia del Lusso.