SUSTAINABLE FASHION DESIGN
60 CFU credits
The Master’s course in Sustainable Fashion Design is a visionary course which provides a thorough grounding in fashion design knowledge whilst also teaching an extensive range of specialist fashion design techniques: all within the realm of ethical fashion and sustainable products.
Essential processes such as production and industrialisation are examined, as well as specific fashion design activities such as collection planning, ensuring an ethical procedure at all stages. The course also provides focussed workshops and projects that reflect the reality of the professional world.
The programme covers management of all stages in fashion production, including the brief, trends and target definition, research, selection of materials, creation of the merchandising plan, development and creation of the prototype (using 3D printers), costing, and sampling.
The course is taught by fashion design experts and leaders in the industry, who provide stimulating content that is up to date with the world of work. Seminars, practical workshops, and meetings with other fashion and luxury brand professionals are a main focus of the course, alongside guided field trips to trade fairs, events, and businesses.
By the end of the course, among other skills students will be able to:
- Use vector and bitmap graphics programmes for rendering, image manipulation, moodboard and colour palette creation
- Manage the creation of sustainable and ethical fashion collections
- Research and select appropriate materials, prints, and finishings
- Create a successful merchandising plan
- Understand and use upcycling techniques and create an upcycled collection
- Understand and apply buying strategies
- Construct garments using moulage and traditional artisanal techniques
- Confidently use Lectra 3D CAD software to create 3D models
- Have a thorough awareness of the world of eco and sustainable fashion including how to ensure the respect for human rights through fashion processes
- Develop and manage personal business projects
- Create a professional identity
- Collection Design & Planning
- Eco-Fashion & Sustainable Fabrics
- Fashion Graphic Design (Photoshop & InDesign)
- Moulage & Zero waste
- 3D Patternmaking
- Upcycling Techniques
- Sustainability 101
- Collection Costing & Processing
- Laws and Certifications
- Personal Branding & Portfolio
- Project Management & Start-Up
- Exclusive Milan location: Our school is at the centre of Milan’s fashion district on Via Montenapoleone, amongst the most famous Italian and international brands.
- Learn from the experts: All our teachers are fashion experts who have current roles in prominent fashion and luxury businesses or own their own company.
- Acquire experience: Practical workshops provide opportunity to consolidate theoretical learning, gain experience, and be ready for the real world of work.
- Internships: Students at Accademia del Lusso have access to exclusive fashion internship opportunities thanks to the work of our Placement Office.
- Made in Italy: We are an Italian fashion school with a global outlook. Our teaching methods transmit the same qualities that make the Made in Italy brand an international benchmark for quality and innovation.
- University qualification: Our Master’s Courses are run in collaboration with our partner university and offer the opportunity to gain a recognised academic qualification.
- Quality teaching and small class sizes: We have high teaching standards and maintain limited class sizes to enhance teacher-student interaction.
3-year undergraduate degree or equivalent
Applicants with non-standard qualifications or who possess relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis
Suitable knowledge of English
This Master’s Course will prepare you for top roles in the design of fashion and luxury products and collections, particularly in the evermore important area of sustainable fashion, including:
Sustainable Fashion Design ● Fashion Design ● Fashion Graphic Design & Illustration ● Fashion Collection Management ● Fashion Coordinator ● Patternmaking ● Fashion Product Management ● Buying for the Fashion and Luxury Sector ● Textiles & Materials Research ● Product Development ● Trend Research ● Merchandising ● Fashion Consultancy ● Quality Control
The knowledge and skills you acquire will also be transferable to roles within other industries.
The school Placement Office is constantly active in creating new fashion internship and job opportunities for students. It also provides assistance and guidance for students in their search for placements relevant to their course, career goals, and interests.
Support is given in developing self-promotion skills and our students have access to the large network of contacts and opportunities available exclusively to students of Accademia del Lusso.
Request info now…
Turn your PASSION into a CAREER