FASHION COLLECTION MANAGEMENT
60 CFU credits
October / February (Applications are open)
The Master’s in Fashion Collection Management provides specific technical knowledge of fashion industrial production combined with business and management skills, opening up a wide range of career opportunities within the product area of fashion and luxury businesses.
The course covers the planning, processing, and distribution of fashion collections, specialist knowledge for example in garment construction and fabric technology, and an awareness of marketing and communication strategies to ensure that products worked on successfully meet market demands.
The course curriculum is varied and stimulating, encouraging students to think outside the box when finding solutions to the production needs of fashion businesses. Skills in critical thinking, business acumen, and leadership abilities are united with creativity, a working knowledge of every step in the creation of a fashion collection, and an awareness of eco and sustainable fashion, creating a well-rounded figure who can easily enter high-profile roles in the fashion and luxury sector worldwide.
The course is taught by experts and leaders in the industry, who provide stimulating content that is up to date with the world of work. Seminars, practical workshops, and meetings with other fashion and luxury brand professionals are a main focus of the course, alongside guided field trips to trade fairs, events, and businesses.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand the workings of the luxury system including Made in Italy
- Analyse and research fashion trends and create a trend book
- Understand fashion markets, including international markets, positioning, and exportation
- Use vector and bitmap graphics programmes for fashion image management
- Understand everything to do with fashion products, including supply chain, lifecycle, timings, and presentation
- Know how a fashion company is organised, from design to distribution
- Classify and analyse fibres, yarns and fabrics
- Design fashion collections from start to finish
- Develop the costing, merchandising plan, and sample collection
- Use fashion buying techniques successfully
- Understand how a fashion garment is processed, including prototype, sampling, and production
- Know the main technologies of the clothing and textile industries and their use
- Develop and manage personal business projects
- Create a professional identity
- Made in Italy & Luxury Goods System
- Luxury & Fashion Marketing
- Trends & Research
- International & Fashion Markets
- Fashion Graphic Design (Photoshop &Illustrator)
- Fashion Product & Fabric Technology
- Collection Design & Planning
- Collection Costing & Processing
- Buying Techniques & Merchandising
- Pattern Development & CAD
- Personal Branding
- Exclusive Milan location: Our school is at the centre of Milan’s fashion district on Via Montenapoleone, amongst the most famous Italian and international brands.
- Learn from the experts: All our teachers are fashion experts who have current roles in prominent fashion and luxury businesses or own their own company.
- Acquire experience: Practical workshops provide opportunity to consolidate theoretical learning, gain experience, and be ready for the real world of work.
- Internships: Students at Accademia del Lusso have access to exclusive fashion internship opportunities thanks to the work of our Placement Office.
- Made in Italy: We are an Italian fashion school with a global outlook. Our teaching methods transmit the same qualities that make the Made in Italy brand an international benchmark for quality and innovation.
- University qualification: Our Master’s Courses are run in collaboration with our partner university and offer the opportunity to gain a recognised academic qualification.
- Quality teaching and small class sizes: We have high teaching standards and maintain limited class sizes to enhance teacher-student interaction.
3-year undergraduate degree or equivalent
Applicants with non-standard qualifications or who possess relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis
Suitable knowledge of English
This Master’s Course will prepare you for top management roles spanning diverse areas of the fashion and luxury sector, particularly within the product and production areas of businesses, including:
Fashion Collection Management ● Fashion Product Management ● Fashion Production ● Fashion Coordination ● Buying for the Fashion and Luxury Sector ● Fashion Research ● Trend Research ● Trend Forecasting ● Product Development ● Sampling ● Merchandising ● Fashion Consultancy ● Creative Direction
The knowledge and skills you acquire will also be transferable to roles within other industries.
The school Placement Office is constantly active in creating new fashion internship and job opportunities for students. It also provides assistance and guidance for students in their search for placements relevant to their course, career goals, and interests.
Support is given in developing self-promotion skills and our students have access to the large network of contacts and opportunities available exclusively to students of Accademia del Lusso.
Request info now…
Turn your PASSION into a CAREER