The rich and varied curriculum of the bachelor’s degree in fashion design at Accademia del Lusso Milan takes students on a journey through the entire procedure of designing fashion products and collections.
All stages in the creation and design of fashion and luxury products are covered, beginning with trend research, knowledge of fabrics, and stylisation and rendering techniques, encouraging each student to develop a personal and recognisable style in line with the latest technologies and techniques.
There will also be a focus on sustainable fashion to ensure students can create fashion products responsibly and are aware of the importance of eco-friendly production processes and of ensuring the respect of human rights.
Students will develop collections for womenswear, menswear, sportswear, knitwear, and accessories (shoes, bags, belts), including the related merchandising plan and collection line-up.
Lessons in CAD patternmaking, textiles, colour, and graphics provide key skills in the development of a fashion collection, and skills in communication, marketing, licensing, and sales ensure that students are able to meet consumer and market demand with their creations.
A key part of the course is participation in the end-of-year, professional-standard student fashion show, in front of an international audience comprising industry experts, influencers, and media.
Request info now…
Turn your PASSION into a CAREER
EXAMPLE SUBJECT AREAS
- History of Fashion & Design
- Computer Graphics for Fashion
- Textile & Colour Culture
- Textile & Accessories Design
- Fashion Design
- Patternmaking (including CAD) & Prototyping
- Eco Fashion & Innovative Techniques in Fashion
- Fashion Product Communication
- Brand Design
- Textile Manipulation Techniques
- Fashion Start-up Management
- Build contacts through the many opportunities provided for networking with experts in the fashion industry: workshops, seminars, competitions, and events.
- Study with the latest software and technologies.
- Get current insider knowledge from teachers, who all have roles in fashion businesses or own their own company.
- Exclusive study location: Accademia del Lusso is the only school on the renowned Via Montenapoleone, at the heart of Milan’s fashion district.
- Small class sizes mean flexible and personalised course content, and for a rich student-teacher interaction.
- Practical workshops and project work provided by real fashion businesses give students authentic experience which prepares them for the world of work.
HOW TO APPLY
Accademia del Lusso’s admissions policy is flexible and assesses each applicant on an individual basis. We accept a range of qualifications and professional experience and encourage you to contact us if you have non-standard qualifications.
To apply for this course, please use the online contact form and fill it in with your details. Our admissions office staff will contact you in the shortest time possible with all the information you need and will guide you through the application procedure.
Please note that although there is no deadline for applications, the course has a limited number of places available, so we would advise that you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Upper secondary school qualification
Fashion Designer ● Fashion Graphic Designer or Illustrator ● Fashion Coordinator ● Assistant Designer ● Product Manager ● Trend Researcher ● Fashion Consultant ● Patternmaker ● CAD Operator ● Dressmaker ● Tailor ● Quality Control ● Product Development
The school Placement Office is constantly active in creating new fashion internship and job opportunities for students. It also provides assistance and guidance for students in their search for placements relevant to their course, career goals, and interests.
Support is given in developing self-promotion skills and our students have access to the large network of contacts and opportunities available exclusively to students of Accademia del Lusso.